First we would like to pass on our thoughts and best wishes to all who have already been majorly effect by COVID-19. This is definitely one of the hardest times we will all face and be effected by. We truly hope that, in our wider community in particular, this COVID-19 virus passes us by with as minimal health effect as possible.
If you are visiting our website as a someone who may require assistance during this time we would like to ensure you that most importantly we are here to help. We are well prepared to provide you with our service while ensuring we keep your health and safety as our main priority. If you are self isolating, immune compromised or simply wishing to abide by the the current guidelines of “stay at home” we encourage you to phone us for a friendly chat or submit a ‘contact us’ from our website to see how we may be able to assist you during this time.
With a customer base of over 450 clients we would like to ensure you that our main priority at this time is to ensure the health and safety of our clients along with the wider community, including ourself.
As a business we have implemented new processes and procedures along with increasing our cleaning and sanitising practices to ensure we can confidently continue with our service while ensuring we adhere to the health and social distancing guidelines.
- We have implemented paperless registration for all new customer registrations to ensure we adhere to social distancing measures. We have processes and procedures in place to ensure we can complete all require paperwork electronically and then during a phone consultation we will arrange delivery of our RBS bins, if required, to your arranged property location. We encourage anyone who may require our service during this time to phone us to discuss how this processes work.
- We are now using disposable gloves to handle bins on every occasion they are delivered or collected. Gloves are disposed of after each delivery or collection to ensure we are not transmitting any unknown virus that may be present.
- Our vehicles are cleaned and sanitised regularly throughout our day as per the health and safety guidelines. This includes cleaning of instruments, hydraulic controls and the vehicle internals like steering wheel and gear stick basically any area that we need or may make contact with.
- Regular cleaning sanitising of hands while we are going about our daily tasks both at work and at home.
As we provide essential services we are able to continue to provide ongoing service during this time however as a business we have implemented some changes to ensure we are doing our part to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.
- Although we have a huge number of clients that we love to stop and have a chat with, given the current situation we respect the social distancing guidelines so a friendly hello or a wave from afar will have to do for now.
- In an attempt to reduce our amount of time in the wider community we have implemented some changes to our services in certain areas. Some areas have seen a change from 2 weekly collection service to 4 weekly collection service. These changes will stay in effect until such time as the current COVID-19 pandemic cease’s to be of concern at which time we will re-evaluate the situation. We as a business, and also personally, are committed to ensuring the health and safety of not only our customers and community but our own personal health as well. We feel it is important where ever possible to reduce our time in the wider community to reduce our risk of infection so we can still continue to provide our required service for our residents.
Last and most important if you are an existing customer of our service we ask that you please notify us prior to your next due collection is any of the following is relevant to you and/or your family. We can ensure you we will respect your privacy in relation to this matter however we would appreciate the knowledge and opportunity to discuss your waste collection with you prior to your due service.
- Currently in self isolation due to recently returning from overseas travel
- Currently in self isolation due to known close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Currently in self isolation pending results of COVID-19 test.
- Currently in self isolation as a result of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within your household
As always we encourage you to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or simply would just like to have a friendly chat.
Best wishes and good health to all 🙂
Shelley and Michael Ovenstone
For further information regarding COVID-19: